20 Years Extraordinary Remodeling
Founded in 1995, J & F Specialties, Inc. is a full service remodeling firm. We offer design/build services to provide our clients a pleasant, stress free remodeling experience from concept to completion and beyond.
We take great pride in our many happy clients and are passionate about providing them with the highest quality remodeling service.
We specialize in kitchen remodeling, from cabinet refacing to major design changes; bathroom remodeling, from the hall bath to amazing master baths; along with custom cabinetry and built-ins. As a Class A Builder, we can assist you in adding space to your home and interior renovations to suit other areas of your home such as home offices and basements.
In 2013 J&F Specialties added Kitchen Solvers (a franchise dedicated to cabinet refacing) to our business. With this we have added very high-quality cabinet and cabinet refacing materials to our offerings.
We have been the recipient of the Angies List Super Service Award, the Best of Houzz award and the Guildmaster Award from Guild Quality. We’re members of the BBB, the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) and the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA).
John has lived in the Springfield area since elementary school and has kept his roots there. Spending many years in the retail home center and wholesale building materials industry he is well practiced at providing the best customer service with a broad knowledge of products and materials needed for home renovations. As the owner John works with the client to determine need and investment goals. He oversees each design providing creative solutions to help clients meet their project goals. He takes great pride in making sure changes and additions blend in seamlessly to the existing home.
Free In-Home Consultation
Class A Builder
At J&F Specialties our number one priority is to provide a pleasant, stress-free remodeling experience for our clients. We have the following processes in place to ensure that is the case for every project.
- In-Home Consultation: Our first meeting is complimentary and will start you on the road toward achieving your dream remodel. John, the owner, will meet with you. During this meeting John will inquire about why you wish to remodel, about the “style” or “look” you’re after and other important project options.
- Estimate range: John will, within a few days, will be able to provide a cost range for the scope of work discussed. The range is based on experience and similar projects completed. If the estimated cost is in line with the anticipated investment, then we will prepare a formal agreement to move forward.
- Pre-Construction: The next step is to execute a Pre-construction Agreement which will detail the scope of work. With this agreement there will be a Design Fee/deposit. This fee will be applied to the contract cost and is included in the estimate cost for the project. We will then measure your space and begin to draw a concept or two based on the consultation. You will meet with our designer and she will show you perspective drawings, floor plans and elevations. With these plans, you will be able to see your dreams and ideas take shape. At this point you will begin selecting materials. Once the designs are finalized and all material selections are made we will determine the fixed cost for the project.
- Contract: With the plans reviewed and materials selected we’ll sign a Construction Contract which will be a comprehensive fixed-price contract, so we can initiate planning and pre-construction activities at your home. This document will be the road map to your dream remodel! Unless you choose to change the scope of work or hidden conditions are found, this will be the final cost for the project—no surprises.
- Project Planning: Once your contract is signed, you will have the pleasure of meeting the J&F Specialties staff and find out who will be responsible for the different aspects of your project. At this point we can begin to schedule your trade contractors and begin the project planning. The Project Manager will schedule meetings with you to keep you informed on the progress of the remodel.
- Construction: As the project proceeds through completion, our process will include regularly scheduled meetings with you that will ensure a smooth and pleasant remodeling experience.
- Customer Satisfaction: Customer Satisfaction is our top priority at J&F Specialties. To ensure that you are 100% satisfied with your project, we always schedule a follow up appointment shortly after completion of the project. We also gladly give you the opportunity to review our company on a number of review sites.
- Payment Details:
- Initial Consultation: Complimentary
- Pre-Construction Agreement: $3000 to $6000 depending on scope of work (larger projects such as additions may be higher)
- Construction: Progress payments as outlined in contract
Mary Jane Hilleary
Customer Service Manager
From Happy Customers
We are very glad we found them, we interviewed several companies before and we are more than pleased with our kitchen. There was a lot more involved in refacing the cabinets, but John made a messy experience completely doable. John was on time, funny, and a total joy to be around. My husband and I had a really enjoyable experience with John and his crew. We are thrilled with the result!
All of the staff are top of the line. I was prepared to move to a residential hotel because everything done was in the middle of the house. Not needed. Total kitchen demolition and renovation done. Screened porch beautifully done --I can keep the door open and sit outside without bugs! John and his crew were also very tolerant of my 4 year old standard poodle who is quite inquisitive and effusive with his affection.
John hung some cabinets and replaced some of our lower level windows. He was relaxed yet professional, prices were reasonable, and the work was first rate.
John Boynton and his crew updated my kitchen, including refacing my kitchen cabinets, completely remodeled my master bathroom and adjoining vanity area and repainted my master bedroom. I was, and remain, thrilled with the result and how accommodating and pleasant everyone at J&F was to work with.
J&F Specialties has done a outstanding job on several projects in our home. They have finished our basement, tiled our shower and replaced drywall and each project was done professionally, on time and has impressed many. We just sold our house and received many compliments from potential buyers on the quality of work in our finished basement.
We had three bathrooms renovated by John and his team. They were very professional and worked with us to make sure we got everything the way we wanted it. Highly recommend J&F Specialties.
John Boynton and the rest of the crew at J&F were top-notch. They helped us with an enormous renovation and stuck through to finish the littlest details. They were careful to respect our choices and they were responsive to feedback.